Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 77: God

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Nelson Mandela

Every day I wake up and Thank God for giving me a new day. Thank him for my family, my friends, for everything that he's given me. God has made me in to who I am today, and is making me into who I am to be tomorrow. He's amazing, and gracious.

When no one else is around, when I'm feeling all alone; God is there with me. He will comfort me. I like being able to pray to him, and talk to him. It's nice knowing he is always there for me, even when I don't deserve him. He's protected me in my life, time and time again. He's giving me hope and strength, when I've had none. He's given me an amazing family, that I love dearly.

God has given me the strength to make it on my own. To be able to live alone, to survive alone financially; even when my job sucks. Even when things get tough, I still make it.

Without God, my family, and my friends; I would not be who I am today. They are my strength. They are there for me when I need them most. When I need someone to talk to, someone to help fix my car, someone to hang out with, they are there. People will always let you down at some point, but God will never let me down.

I am a child of God, and I am worthy of greatness, of happiness, of success.

Never lose your faith in God. Trust in him, and know that he is always there for you, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment