Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 71: Grow Up

“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.” - The Wonder Years


Over the past 71 days, I've realized, that's what this is all about. It's time for me to grow up, and I have and am. I'm not a child anymore, there is no excuse for stupidity, and immaturity at 25. At this point it's time to grow up, and be who I have always dreamed of being, who I always knew that I was.

I've been immature, and irresponsible for too long.

I'm 25, I live on my own, I'm responsible, I'm independent. I'm working towards my future, my life and career goals. I have a lot that I want out of life, and I plan to get there. I'm finding happiness within myself, and confidence in myself, that I never knew that I had. Is quite strange just now realizing all of this, feel like I should have known this long ago.

I can't continue to blame anyone but myself for my mistakes, failures, and faults. I am the source of all of my problems, and I am responsible for who I was, and who I am today. I am the one who lived my life the way I did, and got me to where I am today. I hold no regrets, as without doing the things that I have, who would I be today? Would I look at things the same? Would I be having these realizations about myself that I am, and finally growing up? Or would I continue to live as a child in an adults world, being careless and irresponsible?

I am a grown up. I'm an adult with a real job, and a real future. I have my own place, I have my own goals, and I have my own plan. I need to face my future, and be responsible, and know when the time and place is to have fun, while not neglecting my priorities.

Never give up what you want most, for what you want at the moment. Always keep my focus on my future, and my goals, always try harder, and reach higher. Don't accept mediocrity. Keep my standards, and goals, don't settle for anything less than success and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment