Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 72: Job

“The difference between a job and a career is the difference between forty and sixty hours a week” - Robert Frost

I need to start looking for a new job, and really actually looking. Apply for jobs, get some interviews, try.

I got frustrated after the last couple job interviews I went through more than a year ago, and decided to stick with the company I'm currently with, even though it's not a good job. I'm not making enough money, and the job is not worth it. Driving a half hour to work, for a job that doesn't pay much, really isn't worth it.

I've stuck with it because it is full time work, and I have to be thankful that I'm employed in this economy. I have benefits, and they offer tuition reimbursement which has helped me with my pre-Nursing classes. But in the end, I need to work to better my career opportunities. There are not many opportunities in my company for advancement, and with the economic state of the company, there is not much job security.

I need more money, and a job that will give me more opportunities for advancement, and a future. I'd prefer a job that is not open 24 hours a day, at least until I'm a Nurse. I should look in to getting a job at a hospital, something that could help me with my future career.

While I know I'm not going to be a Nurse for at least a couple years, I need to continue to work, and better my career opportunities.

Get an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment